Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Clear Water Cake

What is simpler and easier than baking muffins? This, the Clear Water Cake, I think it's a direct translate from its Mandarin name - 清水蛋糕


Even for a baking novice like me, I only used 10 mins to prepare the batter and send it to the oven. A perfect quick cake for breakfast or tea-time.
I adopted the recipe from here.

Recipe

(A)
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 whole egg
- 50g canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence

(B)
- 50g low protein flour (cake flour)

(C)
- 3 egg whites

(D)
- 50g castor sugar

Method

1) Beat (A) till well mixed with an egg beater.

2) Sift in (B), mix well.

3) Whisk (C) till frothy, add (D) and beat till stiff peaks.

4) Fold in the egg white mixture to egg yolk mixture in 3 additions, mix till well combined. Scoop the batter into paper cups till 60% full.

5) Bake in preheated oven at 150C for about 20mins.


 The cake didn't rise as much as I thought it would, so I think that's why the cake's texture is soft but not very fluffy. The cake is fragrant and taste very eggy which I like, a little like the Chinese 鸡蛋糕, but again not as light. 

No comments:

Post a Comment