Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Food in Bali

My first dinner in Bali was the Vegatable Kebab in 1 of the restaurant in Poppies street. The price of the food there is at the high side but still consider cheap compared to same standard in Malaysia. The potato + rice thingy was great!

Vegetable Kebab - 26.000 Rp

Bali Guling is 1 of the Bali delicacy. According to our driver, locals in Bali love it and tak bosan-bosan makan-nya (never get bored of it). But when I saw it, I don't understand why. Although I didn't try it, I don't have good remark on it.







1 set of Babi Guling, served with soup and plain rice + 1 bottled drink - 32.000 Rp

Seafood dinner at Jimbaran was included in our tour package for second day. I don't think the food is any tastier than seafood in Malaysia, but it was certainly cheaper, and the sunset there is unbeatable. Fresh seafood + nice scenery, no wonder everyone recommended this place.



There's only 1 cooking style for all kinds of seafood - grill. And all restaurants there actually serve the same food.






It was included in the tour package so I didn't know how much it really cost to eat there.

On my birthday evening, I decided to treat myself a "luxurious" dinner instead of our usual Kuta Beach hawker center. There's this fusion restaurant in the Discovery Shopping Mall, its name "Atmosphere" attracted me.

Besides steaks and all kinds of chops, it has a vegetarian section in the menu. I ordered the Japanese Taufu set, nothing fancy, but the rice was "cute".




1 crab soup, 1 taufu meal, 1 sirloin steak, 1 Rum & Raisin milkshake, 1 ice-cream dessert - 260.000 Rp (10% discount with Citibank Card :) )

Another must-go, is the Dirty Duck restaurant at Ubud. It's famous dish is the Crispy Duck and roasted pork ribs. Having dinner in the gazebo looking at the green paddy field, it's a plus point to the great food.









It was the first time I tried Gado-Gado, steamed vegetables with special peanut sauce, delicious!
Food above + drink - 179.000 Rp

I ordered something called the Es Teler at the Kuta Beach hawker center, it tasted like coconut water, with pieces of Jack Fruits, Sea Coconuts, and other fruits, it was a simple and most delicious drink I had in Bali.

1 for 10.000 Rp

Food in Bali is very similar to Malaysia. Maybe because Malaysians have taken the recipe from there and modified it as local food. There're also many vegetarian restaurants around. Restaurants and food stalls that do not have vegetarian menu are mostly willing to modify their recipe to a vegetarian style. No problems for vegetarians to survive in Bali too.

No comments:

Post a Comment