Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Croquette (可乐饼)

I watched a cooking program on TV some time ago and this dish was introduced. It's very popular in Japan and Taiwan, especially among kids, I think because of it's crispiness.


I forgotten about it and only recently, when I'm out of idea what to make for a less time consuming dinner, I thought of it. I adapted the recipe here.


Ingredients:
Medium size potato - 2
Big red onion - half
Small chunks/diced of meat - about 100gm (recipe used pork, I used chicken)
Egg - 1
Flour - for coating (I used All-purpose flour)
Bread crumbs - for coating
Salt, black pepper - for seasoning



Method:
1. Peeled and washed potatoes,cut into slices and steamed in steamer until soft。

2. Cooled the soft cooked potatoes and mashed it。

3. Diced the onions。

4. With a little cooking oil,stir fry the onions until fragrant,then add in diced meat,continue stir-frying,add in some salt and pepper for seasoning,continue stir-frying until ingredients are cooked。

5. Mixed the cooked ingredients into the mashed potato,the ratio of ingredients and mashed potato should be 1:1。

6. Divide the mashed potato into several small portions,then shape it into the desired shapes with hands,(I shaped it into the traditional round shape),coat it with flour、egg、bread crumbs respectively。

7. Lastly deep fry until golden color。


I served it with some fries and salad.



This is a simple recipe yet can be creative with the ingredients. I would like to make it a vegetarian version with some mushrooms and cabbage next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment