Pages

Monday, August 18, 2008

Recycled Yoga Mat Bag

I always wanted to make more bags for my yoga mats, and I found free raw material for it - an old table cloth. Thought it would be a good idea to recycle.



It was a nice size where I can make 4 bags out of it - cut into 4 pieces equally not even need to measure.





I kept the fringe at the ends of the cloth as a decoration of the bag.



Since I have extras, I tried different patterns for the bag's opening.


Mum prefers this - the simplest one as she just needs a carriage for her mat, nothing fancy, and it's airy for the mat.


I wanted to make some button holes around and weave the ribbon in the holes which can be pulled to tighten the opening (something like shoelace), but mum forgotten how to sew the button holes. So I just fixed the center of the ribbon at one end, and tie it up to close the bag.


Lastly is another tradittional bolster-case-pattern.

2 comments:

  1. Nice and simple! :)

    Thanks for dropping by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks beautiful, your hands are very good at sewing. :)

    ReplyDelete