I was at home last weekend flipping a cook book. It's all chinese herbs related dishes, for natural way of increase immune system and preventing diseases. Something caught my attention - the chinese herb Fleeceflower Root (何首乌). As the chinese name suggested, it's good for treating premature graying of hair. I have this problem since few years ago when I first started working.
This is a very simple dish. The ingredients are:
1. 50g He Shou Wu - I bought from Eu Yan Sang, RM 4.00 for 100g.
2. Brown rice
4. Vegetarian sausages/ham (original recipe is using lean pork meat)
5. 600-800ml water
1. Chop the meat and celery. Rince brown rice.
2. Cook He Shou Wu with water. Remove He Shou Wu and pour the soup into a pot. Place rice into the pot. Cook until porridge is well done.
3. Add meat and celery when the porridge is almost done. Add a little salt for seasoning.
Seriously, it isn't delicious. But it's healthy and good for my hair, I give it a try. I think next time I shall put more celery to make it sweeter.
No~ BaiBai, your hair is always/supposed to be white!